1. Current Situation:
- In the traditional plastic injection machine, the hydraulic system is the device that consumes the largest amount of electricity, accounting for 75% of the electricity consumed by the machine.
- The motor starts with a star / delta circuit causing a large drop in voltage that affects the grid and other equipment.
- The engine start / stop process is not smooth, vibration, and noise affect engine life. The motor always runs at the rated frequency causing great energy loss.
- Pressure and flow are controlled by linear valves.
- High maintenance and maintenance costs.
Injection Molding Machines
2. Etec's Solution:
To solve the above problem, Etec provides a solution: Using a Delta C2000 inverter to control an energy-saving plastic injection machine.
Use the PID controller in C2000 inverter to control the motor speed
Table comparing the power consumption of each stage
=> Principle: Pressure and flow signals are sent to the inverter, by using PID control algorithms, the inverter will control the motor speed in order to provide the correct pressure and flow in each stage → Electrical energy is saved up to 30-40%.
- Save electricity, reduce operating costs.
- Minimize energy loss up to 30-40%
- Reduce vibration, reduce noise, use a soft start inverter to improve engine life
- Reduce voltage drop, ensure grid system stability.
- The oil pump motor does not have to run at full speed during the duty cycle to reduce oil temperature by 5-10%. Reduce maintenance costs.
- Operating procedures have not changed.
- Built-in PLC function: can program, operate the plastic injection machine in the most flexible way without using an external PLC.
- Very large starting torque, quickly responding to the need to accelerate plastic feeding. Can control IM & PM motor.
- Low investment costs, quick payback time.
C2000 inverter series